When you browse various websites in your PC, Scrolling is the thing that you do most. Google chrome is currently the most popular web browser for PC. So, Logically, You do scroll up and down most in this browser. But, Have you ever experienced that scrolling is not working properly in chrome? If yes, Do you know how to fix this problem? If you don’t know, This post is for you.
In fact, This problem may happen for other browsers and programs. In that case, Your mouse device may have some problem. When you see that other programs have no issue with scrolling and it’s only appearing in chrome, It should be a matter of concern. Probably, There is something wrong with this browser.
There are different ways to fix this scroll problem. Here, I’m explaining one by one.
1. Restart Your Computer:
This is the first thing you can do. Sometimes, Your PC needs a restart to complete some process or to refresh its processes. In most cases, A simple restart can fix chrome not scrolling issue.
2. Use Chrome Cleaner:
Peoples who frequently encounter scrolling problem, They also may experience kill pages / aw snap problems in google chrome. Some extensions or any third-party programs or services may cause these issues. In that case, You can download chrome cleanup tool and run it in your PC. It will detect the culprits and help to resolve your problem.
3. Disable Extensions to Fix Scrolling not Working:
Extensions are helpful. But, It can be resource hungry or responsible to ruin your browsing experience. In chrome web store, There are various extensions. Some extensions have bad reputation to cause problems. Anyway, To fix scrolling not working problem in chrome browser, You can browse in incognito or guest mode. Then, See if everything seems fine or not. If you find everything OK, Just disable all of your extensions. Then, Browse and see what happens. You can enable extension one by one to find out the main culprit. Then, Delete that one.
4. Modify Some Chrome Settings:
If these 3 basic steps fail to resolve scrolling up and down problem in google chrome, You should try some advanced methods. Modifying some advanced settings is the first thing, You can do. Here are the instructions:
- First of all, Type chrome://flags/ in chrome address bar and hit Enter.
- Now, Press CTRL+F from keyboard, type scroll and hit enter. It will make easy to find all scroll related options.
- Now, See settings as default where available and you also can enable or disable anything to check if it works.
Hopefully, This method will be helpful to “fix scroll not working problem” in chrome.
5. Reset Chrome:
Resetting will set everything to its default settings and clear all browsing data and cookies of chrome browser. It helps to resolve various chrome problems like scrolling issues. To do it –
- Go to Settings or just tpe chrome://settings/ in address bar and hit enter.
- Then, Click on Show advanced settings.
- Now, Click on Reset Settings.
- Relaunch chrome browser and see if scrolling problem is resolved or not.
6. Delete User Profile Data:
It is similar to reset. But, It has some advantages. Deleting user profile data can fixes common google chrome problems like problematic scrolling up and down issue. To do this method, You will have to follow these things.
- First of all, Close Google Chrome completely.
- Then, Open RUN. You can press Win + R from keyboard to open it.
- After doing it, Type %LOCALAPPDATA%GoogleChromeUser Data in run and hit Enter.
- Now, Find the folder named default and rename it to as default.backup.
- Relaunch chrome and see if it helps to fix scrolling not working problem in google chrome.
Note: You can get back your user profile data by deleting new default folder and renaming default.backup to default.
7. Re-Install Chrome:
In Google Chrome Help Forum, I found many peoples who have fixed chrome scrolling problem by reinstalling it. So, You can do it and see if it helps.
8. Try Chrome Canary:
Sometimes, Latest update of chrome may bring some new bugs along with other bug fixes. So, Scrolling problem can be a known issue. In that case, You may have to wait until next update. Google issues immediate update to fix this type or problems. If you don’t have such patience, You can use chrome canary. It is experimental version with latest features. In most cases, I found it smooth and stable. In chrome canary, You should not face that same issue.
I hope, These tips will help to get rid of scroll problems. Do you know any additional way to resolve it? Just comment below.
Thank you have visited this post How to Fix Scrolling not Working in Google Chrome. I wish this post can be useful for you… 🙂