Fast ring Insiders aren’t having all of the fun today; the Slow ring is in for a treat, too.
Windows 10 preview build 16278 is now rolling out to Slow ring Insiders, less than a week after it first landed on the Fast ring. Microsoft is winding down development on the Fall Creators Update now, meaning no new features are expected to roll out. Instead, expect a lot of spit and polish, which is exactly what 16278 delivers.
Here’s a recap of all of what’s fixed in build 16278:
- We fixed an issue where upgrading to recent flights would fail if you had a speech for a secondary language installed.
- We fixed an issue where printing from 32-bit apps running on 64-bit versions of the OS was broken when using v3 print drivers on recent builds.
- The ability to take HDR screenshots on your PC via the Xbox app has been removed starting with this build. We plan to re-introduce this feature again in the future.
- We fixed an issue resulting in drag and drop onto websites intermittently not working in Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge would crash after choosing to pin certain websites to Start.
- We fixed an issue where a tab in Microsoft Edge could get in a state where it displayed a tab preview thumbnail even though your mouse wasn’t hovering over the tab.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge for certain websites where after watching an embedded video full screen then using Esc to return to the page would result in the video controller no longer being visible.
- We fixed an issue in Microsoft Edge where pasting an image to Imgur.com from your clipboard wouldn’t work.
- We fixed an issue where the Emoji Panel’s tooltips could become mixed up.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights resulting in precision touchpads potentially dropping gestures after coming out of sleep.
- We fixed an issue where the battery flyout might incorrectly show “PC not charging” while the device was changing in recent builds.
- We fixed an issue where fonts using shortcuts would become unusable and disappear from the Fonts folder.
- We fixed an issue resulting in multiple apps crashing in the previous flight if you tried to log into the app using Facebook.
- We fixed and issue where Delivery Optimization Group Policy / MDM policy for DOMinFileSizeToCache was ignored and the service defaults were used instead.
This is one of several builds flighted by Microsoft within the past week. Earlier today, Fast ring Insiders got their own new build with 16281, and “Skip Ahead” Insiders were treated to the first Redstone 4 build to head into testing just yesterday.
Thank you for your visit on this page Windows 10 build 16278 heads to Slow ring Insiders