Everybody experiences stress at some point in their lives. Stress is the way the body responds in everyday life to daily responsibilities. There are two types of Stress. Although Who can’t avoid Stress, Who must adequately manage it, or it can lead to a host of different ailments.
Table of Contents
What Is Stress: Causes of Stress
If you are wondering what causes Stress, then there are many causes, both positive and negative. Positive Stress can be caused by starting a new job, getting married or having a baby. Negative Stress can be caused by being laid off from work, financial problems, divorce, in addition to many other issues. Many people are stressed out regularly due to their jobs.
Perhaps they don’t like their jobs very much, or their jobs are very demanding. There are many other possible causes of Stress, as well. For example, a person could be under great stress due to being involved in a bad relationship.
Another reason that a person could be under a lot of Stress is if they cannot get along with their boss. Since the person must work with their boss regularly, then the Stress of the situation could quickly mount.
What Is Stress: Symptoms of being overly stressed
Too much stress can be hazardous in some cases . What can stress cause? It can lead to high blood pressure, depression, headaches, and much more. In addition, it can cause a person to suffer from personality changes as a result of Stress attacking their body . Symptoms of stress overload will also vary from person to person.
For example, one person experiencing high stress might suffer from stomachaches and irritability, while another might not notice any symptoms until a heart attack develops. For most people, the first indication that life has become too stressful is not a heart attack. However, if Stress is allowed to build continually, then a heart attack, stroke, or any number of other severe and non-serious conditions could arise as a result.
Usually, before a person reaches the point of having a heart attack as a result of Stress, a doctor will order a stress test. What is a stress test? It is a test that determines how much Stress from physical exercise a person’s heart can tolerate. It is usually performed in a doctor’s office, on a treadmill.
What Is Stress Management – How to deal with Stress ?
Managing Stress and keeping its levels to a minimum can be as easy as participating in a new hobby. The hobby can be anything from fishing to crafting to gardening . As long as the hobby is an activity that you enjoy and it promotes Relaxation, it can very effectively reduce stress levels.
The hobby must be participated in regularly to be effective. If it’s only enjoyed a couple of times a year, for instance, it will provide little benefit as a stress management technique.
Another way to manage stress levels is by journaling . Some people believe that journaling is only for teenagers, but it can be therapeutic for people of all ages. By writing down your feelings and thoughts, you provide yourself with a healthy outlet, which prevents feelings from remaining bottled up inside and wreaking havoc on your body.
You could even go online and begin an electronic journal. As a result, E-journals are becoming more and more popular, frequently replacing traditional journals.
If you would prefer not to journal, you could opt to talk to another person about your problems or the cause of your Stress. This person could be a friend or relative that you trust. If you prefer to speak with a professional about your stress-related problems, many therapists are available.
You might also want to join a support group that relates to the underlying cause of your Stress. For instance, if you or a close family member suffers from a chronic or terminal illness, then there are likely support groups available in your area. By attending a support group, you can learn new coping strategies and possible treatments and even obtain the names of specialists who might offer new treatments.
If you live in a smaller area or have no pertinent support groups available, you might opt to find an online support group, which could still be very beneficial.
What Is Stress: Medications for Anxiety, Stress and Tension
For acute and chronic anxiety, including panic attacks, doctors can prescribe Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Valium, etc. These medications are very potent, usually clearing up any sleep problems that may exist, in addition to nervousness, anxiety and panic. However, even though these medications are very effective, the potential to become addicted to some of them is high, according to Mayo Clinic doctors.
This is especially true when it comes to drugs like Xanax and Valium. This is why doctors are usually cautious when prescribing medications in this class. However, if you reach a point where your stress levels are incredibly high, then you might want to take whichever drug your doctor prescribes for a short period.
What Is Stress: Supplements to promote Relaxation
Several supplements can aid your body with Relaxation, but if you don’t deal with the underlying cause of your Stress, then supplements will do little to help. However, if you are working on resolving the issues which are the cause of your stress, then you might want to include some of these supplements to help your body release tension during the resolution phase.
Here is a list of some joint supplements that have helped numerous people deal with excess stress, depression and anxiety:
- St. John’s Wort – This herb has been around for centuries, and it has been used primarily for the treatment of depression and nervous disorders. It works by balancing brain chemicals that may be out of balance.
- Valerian root – This herb can be taken in supplement form or consumed as tea. It helps treat anxiety, hyperactivity, sleep disorders and more. Some people prefer to take valerian in pill form, as the tea often has an unpleasant taste.
- Skullcap – American skullcap, a herb native to North America, is used to treat nervous conditions, anxiety, and tension. It is sometimes combined with similar herbs for an even more significant effect.
- GABA – Gamma-aminobutyric acid is an amino acid that controls neurotransmitters and directly affects the central nervous system. Deficits in this necessary amino acid can lead to anxiety, panic attacks, and more. This supplement can be purchased online or at local health food stores. Some drug stores might even carry it.
Before taking any natural supplements, it is best to seek your doctor’s advice. Even though herbs are natural, there is still the possibility of side effects, especially if you don’t take the proper dosage or take prescription medications.
Natural relaxation methods
There are numerous ways of relaxing naturally to lower stress levels . Here are just a few effective methods of natural Relaxation:
- Massage therapy – This relaxation method helps to Reduce Stress by removing tension from the muscles. As the muscles relax, so does the entire body, therefore, reducing stress levels.
- Meditation – Not many people can quiet their minds enough to meditate successfully. Fortunately, many guided meditations are available, which makes deriving the many benefits of this ancient practice possible. In addition to many other benefits, meditation is excellent for reducing Stress, as it clears the mind and improves functioning in the brain and throughout the body.
- Vacation – Sometimes, Who can minimize extreme Stress by taking an extended vacation. A majority of employers provide their employees with vacation time for a good reason. Vacations are therapeutic because employees can quickly become stressed after performing a specific job for an extended period. A vacation provides employees with necessary time off from work to spend time on an exotic island or even simply sleeping late every day and participating in other enjoyable activities.
So if you were wondering what does Stress cause, then you can see that it can cause a great deal. It can lead to many health conditions, including elevated blood pressure, increased risk of stroke and even possible stomach ulcers.
So who can’t avoid stress, but Who can keep it at functional levels. This is possible by participating in enjoyable hobbies, exercising, and taking regular vacations.