Deleting an account on WhatsApp
This option is valid for those who want to remove their account from active service. If you choose to delete it, contacts, chat history, and all past activities will be deleted from WhatsApp, including any pending backups. Basically, all of these will disappear:
- WhatsApp groups and contacts
- Message history
- Any Synchronized contacts will be disconnected from the app
- Google Drive backups
Now that you understand and still wish to burn your WhatsApp bridges, follow the steps below to go about it:
- In WhatsApp, go to Settings > Account > Delete my account
- Confirm your choice by pressing Delete my account
It is possible to simply transfer your account to a new number (see right image), if you have a new phone ready and waiting.
How to disable an account on WhatsApp
If your phone has been stolen, perhaps the most viable option to disable WhatsApp is through your carrier, i.e., by blocking the SIM card. If you are unable to do this for whatever reason, you can disable your account directly with WhatsApp. Also, blocking your SIM card does not stop WhatsApp from working over Wi-Fi, so it’s an incomplete solution.
To disable your WhatsApp account, you need to send an email to WhatsApp. Your account will be deactivated soon after you send the email. You can reactivate your account via SMS or a phone call, as you would normally, once you have a new phone. If you do not reactivate your account within 30 days, it will be permanently deleted.
To deactivate your WhatsApp account, follow these steps:
- Use an email client (Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook or any other) to send a message to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The email subject should be: “Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account”;
- In the email body, put: “Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account (your phone number in full international format).
Once you’ve written the email out correctly, send it off and wait for you account to be deactivated. It is recommended that you don’t send multiple emails with the same request. Where necessary, the app support team will get in touch with you. Remember, you have 30 days to reactivate your account before it is permanently deleted.
Have you ever needed to delete or deactivate your WhatsApp account?
Thank you for your visit on this page How to disable or delete your WhatsApp account