Many users may notice several problems after upgrading to Windows 10. No internet connection in Wi-Fi is one of the major issues. Sometimes, You may notice that your are connected to the Wi-Fi, But it is saying there is no internet connection. Other devices on the same Wi-Fi zone is working fine. Only problem is with your PC. It is happening after upgrading to windows 10. This is a very common problem. I also faced it.
Reasons Behind No Internet or Limited Connection Problem in Wi-Fi:
It may have many reasons. But most commons are –
- Incorrectly configured Wi-Fi router.
- Windows registry error.
- Misconfigured network settings.
- Antivirus or firewall.
- Corrupted system files.
How to Fix No Internet Problem on Wi-Fi:
Fortunately, I found several solutions to fix this problem. You can try them to get rid of no internet connection issue on wifi. Here are they –
Method 1: Temporarily Disable Firewall or Antivirus
Sometimes, Your antivirus or firewall may interrupt internet connection. In that case, Disabling them may fix this problem. If you think your antivirus or firewall is blocking the connection, You can do it.
Method 2: Re-Enable Wireless Network Drivers
It is a very common method to fix limited wifi connection problem. You can do it from your windows device manager. To do it –
- Open RUN by press Windows Key + R.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open windows device manager.
- Now, Expend Network Adapters and Right click on the network / wireless drivers.
- Click on Disable.
- Do the reverse things to re-enable these drivers.
- It should work.
Method 3: Several Commands to Fix No Internet / Limited Connection on WiFi
In several tech blogs like The Windows Club, I found several commands that may help to fix similar problem. See, How you have run these commands –
- Press Windows Key + X from keyboard and choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type these commands and hit Enter for each one.
netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
- Then restart your computer. It should fix the problem. If it doesn’t help, Run the following command.
sc config licensemanager type=own
- Restart your PC. It should fix the problem.
Method 4: Update or Rollback or Reinstall Wireless Driver to Fix No Internet Connection
After updating to windows 10, You may face driver incompatibility issues. So, You should check your wireless and network drivers. Keep them up to date. To do it –
- Open Windows Device Manager.
- From there, Expend Network adapters. Right click on wireless driver and chose Update driver software.
- Then, Choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions.
- If you see your driver is already up to date, You can try to rollback it to previous version. It also may help you to get rid of no internet problem in wifi. To do it, Double click on the Wireless adapter and click on Driver. Then click on Roll Back Driver and follow the instructions.
If above tricks don’t work, Uninstall the Wireless Network adapter from device manager. To do it, Just right click on the driver and choose uninstall and follow instructions. Now, Restart your computer. Windows will install latest driver automatically. If it doesn’t happen, Install it manually. I hope, It will fix the problem.
Method 5: Use Network Troubleshooter
Windows has built in troubleshooter. It can fix many known issues. So, You can run network troubleshooter to fix no internet connection problem. Follow these instructions:
- Open Start Menu and type Network Troubleshooter. Then select Identify and repair network problems.
- Follow the instructions. It will automatically detect the problem and fix it.
Method 6: Reset Connections
This is another method to get rid of the issue. You can reset network connections and flush DNS. It may help.
Method 7: Run netcfg –d Command
This is the method that worked for me. According to Microsoft –
This command can help solve connection problems you might have after upgrading from a previous version of Windows toWindows 10, as well as fix problems where you can connect to the Internet, but not to shared network drives. It removes any network adapters you have installed and the settings for them. After you restart your PC, any network adapters are reinstalled and the settings for them are set to the defaults.
To run this command –
- Press Windows Key + X from keyboard and select Command Prompt (Admin).
- Now, Type netcfg –d and press Enter.
- You may get error, But don’t worry. When you see the message Press Any Key to Continue, Hit any of the buttons from keyboard. After that computer should restart itself automatically. If it says unable to restart, You have to do it manually.
- After restarting your PC, You should not see any No internet connection related errors in Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
Method 8: Modify Power Management Settings for Wi-Fi Connection
Sometimes, You may experience that your Wi-Fi is showing no internet connection problem after a long time inactivity or just wake up from sleep stage. Probably, Your power management settings are the reason behind this problem. In that case, You can do these things –
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change Adapter Settings and then double click on your Wi-Fi connection.
- Click on Properties and then click on Configure.
- Then click on Power Management tab.
- Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click on OK and Apply.
- Now, Restart your PC and see the problem has gone away.
Alternative Methods to Fix No Internet Connection / Limited Connection in Wi-Fi Problem:
I hope, You will get the problem fixed by these methods given above. Unfortunately, These may not work. In that case, You can open PC in clean boot mode. Then, Try to connect to Wi-Fi and see if the problem become solved. If you still face the no internet connection problem, I would like to suggest you to repair corrupted system files.
If nothing works, Reset or refresh windows. Or you can do clean windows installation.
Thank you have visited this post Fix No Internet Problem on Wi-Fi in Windows 10. I wish this post can be useful for you… 🙂